Thursday, February 18, 2010

Property... You Gotta Respect It

Well, I thought I had book #2 written... Getting to the Heart of Respect. But it looks like I need to rework two stanzas on the respect of property. Wow... it's tougher than I thought...

How do I capture all there is to say on the subject in just four rhyming lines. There are so many aspects to cover... so many situations...

I teach my children not to walk on the neighbor's lawn... and to put our empty shopping carts back where they belong. How about treating textbooks, and library books, with the utmost care? Of course, you don't put your used gum under desks... or borrow something without asking. What about getting out of the car without banging into someone else's... or taking off muddy shoes before walking into someone's house?

It's an important lesson... respect your property... respect the property of others. My books are intended for children 3-8 years old... so my words must be simple... yet expressive...

Another challenging task for a children's book author...

No comments:

Post a Comment