Monday, May 4, 2009

Let's get started...



So, what do I have to blog about? My life is busy and quite interesting. I married my high-school sweetheart 21 years ago. We dated for six years before the wedding, and waited for six years after the wedding to have kids. I have a master’s degree in public relations and worked for various corporations and PR firms before my first child was born. Now I have four children… AJ is 15, Matthew is 13, Xander is 11 and Sarah is just about 8. I homeschool Matthew and Sarah, and also find time to run a book publishing business, take karate, photograph kid sports, and spend time with the family.


I am currently promoting my first book, Getting to the Heart of Complimenting, working with Lori McDonough as she illustrates Getting to the Heart of Respect, editing Getting to the Heart of Sharing, and writing Getting to the Heart of Appreciation. These are the first four books of the Blooming Heart Books series, with about 16 more to come. The books are published by Starbrook Publishing. As a shareholder, I am responsible for publicity and promotion, as well as managing the company. I will share with you all I know about starting and building the company, creating books and promoting them. It took years to write the words of the book... and years to figure out how to turn the words into a glorious little picture book that gets rave reviews. Hopefully, writing about my journey will make yours a little easier.

If you’ve ever thought about writing books, or publishing books, or juggling writing/publishing books while raising/homeschooling kids… be sure to check back often! See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment