Friday, May 21, 2010

To Buy or Not To Buy...



I'll admit it... I'm not big on cooking... or baking for that matter. I am capable of cooking, and I do make the best chocolate chip cookies on the planet. Oh, and my apple or cherry pies are pretty damn good. But, I just don't care to do it. Too much work... too much clean-up... etc.

So I took Sarah down to the bakery (Taylor's Bakery on 116th in Fishers) to buy a cake for her birthday. Of course, she falls in love with the square-shaped cakes that look like an adorable little gift boxes. I'm sorry... what's that? $45!!! Sorry, but no. Gotta go.

Now, I'm in the kitchen... with three brand new square cake pans (needing two boxes of cake mix and two cans of frosting). Okay, Sarah... we'll get it done... it will be perfect... yikes...

A triple-layer cake... a first for me... but it was easy to do. A bow on top... peace signs around with writing gel tubes... and guess what... it was soooo yummy! Patting myself on the back...


No comments:

Post a Comment