Friday, May 22, 2009

Something to Appreciate


I am doing so much these days… promoting book #1, working with Lori to illustrate book #2, editing book #3, and writing book #4…but my #1 job is being a mom. I am prepared at all times to put everything down to tend to my kids… and last night was no exception…

Three kids needing to be in three locations at the same time. No husband (he was scheduled to work until 1am). A quick call for one son to carpool with a friend, and juggling two others… that was no big deal. But then… after all were home and I was off to take one for a haircut and another to replace her broken flip flops... came the call. Matthew came back from his lacrosse game with what he thought was a broken arm.

Off to the ER… and we sat there most the night. As I sat, I was overcome with a great feeling of appreciation that everything was going to be okay. Life is supposed to be fun, and busy, too. Lots to do. Lots to love. Words popped into my head… words you will soon be reading in my Getting to the Heart of Appreciation book. Every experience adds zing to our lives… embrace it… cherish it… and appreciate it...

Now back to work…

No comments:

Post a Comment