Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Driving on Empty...



Okay, just trying to keep my head above water. It seems simple enough. Make a To Do List and check the items off one by one. So, why am I always driving on empty? And I mean this literally.

Yesterday, I was so rushed to get here and there, that I had no time to fill the car with gas. I was late dropping kids off. Late picking kids up. When, I had a few extra minutes, there was no gas station close by. I was on edge the whole day. I worried. I prayed. Thank goodness that my car, with its more-than-decent gas mileage, did not fail me. I was spared the grief and embarrassment of being stranded on the side of the road... this time.

I couldn't help but think how that gas gauge affected me. It was like a dark storm cloud hanging over my head and it ruined my whole day. I don't like to WORRY. It's counter-productive, negative and a waste of time.

Of course, it was my fault... I'm not denying that. And I know that the best way to avoid feeling like this again would be to keep gas in the damn tank. But, I'm striving for something deeper than that.

I want to look at a gas gauge on empty and know that everything will be okay. I want to live life as a positive thinker, with faith and hope driving my every move. I want to look beyond the storm cloud and see the sunshine. Wouldn't that be nice?

Anyway... just in case, please stop and help if you see me on the side of the road...

No comments:

Post a Comment