Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I love the Holland Lop!



Holland Lop Rabbits... my choice of breed. It's actually quite a popular breed, as its the smallest and friendliest of the lop-eared rabbits. They are cute and cuddly... very affectionate... and so easy to care for. Holland lops only get to be about 4 lbs., which is a perfect size!
My camera doesn't seem to be cooperating right now (which is why I'm using stock photos). I'm hoping to show off my little Remington in his hutch, hopping around, and in my arms (being rocked like a baby). Bear with me... photos are coming soon...
It really doesn't take much to own (and love) a rabbit. Of course, you need a hutch, or cage. Easy to buy at any pet store. Food and water bowls... no problem. A litterbox (small-cat size)... filled with pellet litter. Not much to it.
Feeding time is fun. Every day, we serve Remy food pellets and Timothy hay (the only food that trims his ever-growing teeth). Of course, green leafy vegetables (romaine, kale, parsley, etc.) twice a day... and an evening treat of either shredded carrots, strawberries, oats or carrots. We can feed Remy on our laps... or as he's running around the hearth room... or while he's hanging out in the hutch. Holland lops are easy going... quiet... and just fun to be with.
More to come... I promise...

No comments:

Post a Comment